Last Updated: February 15, 2023
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information directly from you when you create an account, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The categories of information we collect include:
- Identification and Contact Information: we collect your name, email address, and phone number.
- Financial Information: we collect payment information through third party payment processors.
- Communication Information: we collect information included in your communications with us. We may also collect any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically We automatically collect the following categories of information:
- Internet Activity Information: we collect information about how you access our Website, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, and browser type. We also collect information about your activity on our Website and interaction with our communications, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to our Website.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We use tracking technologies, such as cookies and pixels, to collect information about your interactions with our Website and communications. These technologies help us improve our Website and communications, see which areas and features of our Website are popular, count visits, and track clicks. You may be able to adjust your browser settings to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of our Website.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the categories of information we collect for the following business and commercial purposes:
- Service Delivery: we use information to provide and maintain our Services.
- Communication: we use information to communicate with you about Care of Chan and our Services, including to send you newsletters, respond to your questions, inform you of price or Services changes, and send you other transactional or relationship messages.
- Marketing and Advertising: we use information to send direct marketing messages (including via email) and target advertisements to you on third-party platforms and websites as described below. You can opt out of direct marketing messages we send by following the instructions in those communications (such as by clicking “unsubscribe” in the emails) or by contacting us.
- Conducting Analytics: we use information to monitor and analyze Website trends, usage, and activities, improve our Website, and generate de-identified data.
- Protection and Compliance: we use information to detect, investigate, and help prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, help protect the rights and property of Care of Chan and others, and comply with our legal and financial obligations.
TARGETED ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We disclose the categories of information described above as follows:
- Vendors: we disclose information to vendors, service providers, contractors and consultants that need this information to provide services to us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, payment processing, customer service, analytics, and marketing and advertising.
- Professional Advisors: we disclose information to our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
- Legal Authorities: we may disclose information to legal authorities and others for the Protection and Compliance purposes described above, including if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements and if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of Care of Chan, our users, the public, or others.
- Corporate Transactions: we reserve the right to disclose information in connection with, or during negotiations of certain corporate transactions, including the merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- Affiliates: we reserve the right to disclose information between and among Care of Chan and any current or future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership.
- Consent: we may disclose information when we have your consent or you direct us to do so. We also disclose de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
Care of Chan is headquartered in the United States and we have operations and vendors in the United States and other countries. Therefore, we and those that perform work for us may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide levels of data protection that are equivalent to those of your home jurisdiction.